INSPIRE SLATE (PLUM & PEWTER GREY)
SYNTHETIC Roofing Tiles
Tapco's Inspire slates are the world's finest synthetic roof slate, offering a prestigious, quick fix roofing solution.
- The slate is a lightweight composite material (14kg/m2) manufactured in the USA
- Almost indestructible (unbreakable even with a hammer).
- Colourfast - 40 year warranty
- Welsh slate colour match. Currently available in 2 colours - plum + pewter grey.
- Each Inspire slate is made from recyclable plastic and dolomitic limestone and has the random texture and edges of natural slate.
- The slate is easy to handle + install: can be fixed by hammer + nail or nail gun.
- Use down to 14.5 degree pitch
SPECIFICATIONS + WARRANTY
Size - 445 x 305 x 4-7mm
Weight / tile – 0.7kg nominal
Weight /m2 roof area - from 12.6 - 15.4kg / m2 depending on pitch
Density - 1323kg / m3
Estimated coverage - 18 - 22 pieces / m2 depending on pitch
Minimum pitch – 14.5 degrees
Slates per pallet - 1,600
Pallet weight - 1200kgs
Pallet dimensions - 1200x900x1080mm
Weight – 0.7kg nominal
Length – 445 x 150mm (17
Pieces / lineal metre – 5.5 for ridges to 6.5 for hips
Inspire's classic slate is available in two colours:
- Pewter Grey (dark charcoal grey colour)
- Plum (similar colour to welsh slate)
GAUGE & ROOF PITCH
The lap or gauge as the Americans refer to it, is primarily determined by roof pitch and wind. The gauge is imprinted on the top surface of each slate for ease of application.
There are 4 options - 6, 6.5, 7 & 7.5 inches (the US use imperial measurements) that relate to roof pitch and thus the number of slates required to cover a square metre.