5 TILE & PAVER USES TO BOOST PROPERTY VALUES
Stone, in the form of pavers, tiles and stone cladding, is one of the most elegant and classic building materials for the home. For the older home in need of a makeover, pavers and tiles may be one of the best options for both indoor and outdoor spaces. Read this article to find out more about using stone pavers and tiles to boost your property value.
1. Re-tile indoor flooring
Real estate agents often suggest that the kitchen and bathroom are two of the most important places in the home for property values. Even minor changes can lead to significant increases in property values. While updating appliances, stove tops, sinks, and cabinets are all great ways to give your kitchen and bathroom a facelift, indoor flooring probably creates a stronger impression than any other single factor.
Whether it’s elegant sandstone, bluestone, limestone, or any other stone tiling of your choice, re-tiling your floors brings a fresh new feel to your house. Quality stone tiles are much more durable than carpet or wooden floorboards. Stone tiling has insulation benefits, keeping homes warmer in winter and cool in summer.
2. Create a new driveway
Although indoor spaces are very important, so are outdoor spaces. A new, cost-effective driveway can be created using any sort of pavers, including bluestone pavers.
When quality pavers are used, driveways are many times more durable and attractive than concrete driveways. A range of attractive designs can make your driveway unique and interesting.
3. Install an outdoor living area
Patios, decks, gazebos, verandas, pergolas, courtyards – these are all very cost-effective ways to expand the living space in a home. A simple deck can be created with attractive pavers, and the utility of your outdoor living space throughout the seasons can be expanded with additions such as canopies, large commercial-sized umbrellas, awnings, and shade sails.
There is also the outdoor kitchen, which is fast becoming a must-have for some new homes. It’s easy to build your own outdoor kitchen with attractive stone pavers and furnish it with outdoor kitchen appliances.
4. Refresh veneers with cladding
For the tired-looking exterior or indoor veneers, wall cladding should be considered. Highly cost-effective and easy to apply, cladding comes in a large range of materials including sandstone, quartzite, bluestone, and limestone.
The cladding can be applied to outdoor spaces such as walls and gates. It can also be used for any indoor space for a polished tile surface. Elegant and low maintenance, cladding is a great option that allows homeowners to refresh veneers with a timeless look.
5. A garden makeover
Unkempt gardens can be tamed with pavers. Aside from creating interesting outdoor living areas, pavers can also be used as a powerful landscaping tool.
- Build garden beds and borders. Stone is a brilliant material for building walls and borders with a natural appearance.
- Create retaining walls. For the small or large garden, a retaining wall can be used to hold soil back and create interesting layers.
- Sitting walls. These low sitting walls are a great natural seating option. They can be installed anywhere in the garden, such as in the shade of a tree.
- Other garden features. Pavers and other stone materials such as stack stone can be used create wonderful and memorable garden features. These include interesting paved pathways, garden arcs, water walls and stepping stone paths.