STONE POOL DECKS - HANDY HINTS
Here are 5 tips for stone paving around swimming pools:
1. Check that there are no holes or cracks in the grout; if there are fill them to prevent ingress of moisture.
2. Make sure the tiler has cut expansion joints every 5 metres in both the stone and the concrete substrate and filled them with an appropriate caulking compound.
3. Replace the ugly plastic skimmer box cap with one cut in matching stone – they are attractive and more ecologically sustainable than plastic.
4. Seal the stone with a top quality sealant e.g. Aqua Mix Sealers Choice Gold Rapid as added protection against possible damage from stains and ingress of salt.
5. Avoid spilling chlorine or pool (hydrochloric) acid on the stone surface when topping up the pool - both will stain the stone and may damage the surface