With warmer weather around the corner, here are seven ways you can incorporate popular summer design trends into your backyard, according to a report by the American Institute of Architects:
- Flagstone courtyards are inviting additions to a front driveway, and they’re perfect for entertaining in the backyard. Pick a colour of flagstone that compliments your house’s exterior paint.
- Outdoor rooms have all the benefits of easy ventilation for hot weather, and the walls prevent cold breezes.
- A gazebo is a great place to entertain friends and family outdoors.
- Patio areas make the best spot for a BBQ, and a raised veranda is perfect for keeping an eye on that game of backyard cricket while the steaks are cooking.
- Connecting pathways look great with sharp coloured paving on the borders, and a mellow coloured paving in the middle.
- Developments on the front of a house, like a front porch, look great. They also offer a view of the street and anybody that passes by.
- Outdoor kitchens are the ultimate way to enjoy good weather and good food at the same time.